- Have a stubborn stain on your sheet? Try this: spray a chlorine-free stain remover and let it sit, then launder as usual.
- Alternatively, try the following mixture: 1 tablespoon of vinegar + 4 tablespoons of water. Apply the mixture to the sheet, let it sit, and then launder as usual.
- One more remedy: combine baking soda with warm water. First test it on the sheets to check to see if it will fade the color. If it is fine, rub the paste onto the stain, let dry, then throw in the wash.
- If you have an oil stain for natural body oils or body lotion, you can try to treat the stain with dish washing liquid. Either prewash your sheets in the washing machine with ¼ cup of dish liquid and cold water, OR wet the stain with water and rub a teaspoon of dish detergent on it, and then launder as usual. (Why does this work? Dish detergents like Dawn are a natural degreaser!)
- Another option is to try shampoo! Similar to the dish detergent, try to rub a teaspoon of shampoo to remove oil grease stains, then launder as usual
Dark stains (Wine or Blood stains):
- First, soak the stain in cold water immediately to prevent the stain from setting further. Then soak the sheets in a chlorine-free enzyme cleaner and cold water for the next 15 minutes – be sure to soak the stain longer if it is an older stain. Remember not to use warm water, as that would help the stain set more in the fabric. Depending on the age of the stain, this process could take a few hours. If the stain isn’t budging, try to rub the sheet in on itself. Check on the stain – if it is gone, launder as usual; if not, rise with cold water and repeat the process
- Hydrogen peroxide is also a great base in another cleaner that you can DIY. Combine a cup of it to 12 cups of water and 1/4 cup of lemon juice for a natural, effective solution for blood stains.
What you should NEVER do:
You should never use bleach on your sheets, since eucalyptus lyocell is such a delicate fabric. Bleach is too harsh and would damage the sheets, so be sure to always opt for a bleach-free detergent and stain remover.